Managing our projects
Specification Completed: Full specification is added as a Project Initiation Document (PID or brief).
Project Set-up: The project is set up and is ready for client interaction.
Client On-board: The client is contacted about the project procedure.
Collateral Collected: Collateral can include logos, graphics, brochures, literature and other marketing copy.
Site Map Complete: An inventory of any existing content created and the site map for the new site finalised.
Content Delivered: The content needed for the web site finalised and received from either the client or a copywriter, and is ready for insertion.
Wireframes Approved: Wireframes completed for at least the homepage and a single subpage, and the client has reviewed and approved them.
Initial Mock-ups Created: The first mock-ups for at least the homepage and a single subpage have been designed and shown to the client.
Final Mock-ups Created: Based on client feedback, the mock-ups are finalised and accepted.
Site Shells Created: Static page that has been coded from the design.
Content Management System (CMS) Setup: Server space allocated and the CMS of choice (e.g. WordPress or ExpressionEngine) is installed and configured.
Initial Prototype Developed: The site shells are integrated with the CMS and all of the content pages setup.
Final Prototype Available: A working prototype of the web site complete with content is finalised and ready for client review.
- Favicons are generated for browser customisation.
- Title & Meta data Analysis
- Cross Browser Checks
- Mobile Browser Checks
- Proofreading completed
- Broken Links identified and corrected
- Functionality – Contact Forms etc. addressed and finished.
- RSS Link
- Analytics setup.
- Defensive Design – e.g. informative 404 pages etc. and forms are created and tested.
- Optimisation – http request, CSS sprites, images, compression etc. tested.
- Backup strategy is agreed and put in place.
- Print Style Sheet checked and tested.
- Balance Paid
- Pre-Launch Review Completed: A review for any lingering errors and problems is done and the site has been cleared for launch.
- Site Launched: All actions needed to launch the site are completed and it is working properly on the final domain name.
- Post-Launch Review Completed: An additional review for errors and problems is completed and any necessary fixes applied
- Client Training Conducted:
- CMS has been completed
- Hand over to client and support staff. Documentation provided as required.
- SEO and PPC are available for further support.
- Ongoing assistance and optimisation.